The Political Virus
QUESTIONS OF OUR TIME – IS NOW THE TIME FOR A NEW HUMAN CONTRACT?
Is Now The Time For A New Human Contract?
‘No sign will enlighten those whose eyes remain closed. But for those whose look is clear, darkness itself becomes a sign. For do they not know that the night grows darker as dawn approaches?’ – The Mother.
In a previous essay I noted that for the first time in our known human history, civilization in most of its forms has come to a halt. We have been stopped in mid-posture – a state of arrested movement – and have been placed in a space we are totally unaccustomed to. I suggested that this moment is also an opportune time to ‘arrest the flow of thoughts’ – i.e., to step out of our regular, day-to-day thinking habits – in order to enter a period of reflection. When the external world goes into a phase of increased uncertainty and disruption, it is all the more important to create our own personal refuges, or sanctuaries, of quiet consideration.
We are now beginning that gradual climb out of our quarantined cocoons and seeing the world anew. What now faces us is the question of how we accept, or allow, our collective future to unfold. The ‘covid consciousness’ that has infected us globally, through the entire human species, can have the effect of awakening us into a stimulated frame of mind, with new perceptions triggered – or it can force us into accepting a new consensus reality (the ‘new normal’) for the foreseeable future. Do we come out of our cocoons with a butterfly consciousness, or do we retain the caterpillar’s mind?
We are presently not all out of our ‘cocooned lockdown’ – not fully yet. And this, I feel, is a good thing as many of us still have time for a reconsideration of where we are, what we are doing, and where we wish to go. This is not a story about viruses, or dead infectious parasites – this is a tale of contagious sentient life. What I see is that human life has been radically halted – the brakes applied – as if being placed under a microscope of our own viewing. We have been compelled to view and to see ourselves in a way that has never been done before. We have entered into humanity’s largest experiment, and we are the test cases. Before we can take further steps into what will become the most significant era for humanity’s future – into a phase of rapid evolutionary acceleration – we first need to take a ‘stop’ and to examine ourselves.
Similarly, we may consider this as an act of ‘force majeure,’ whereby humanity is now free from its prior commitments to a way of life it had contracted itself into. If we are free from our past contract, then whilst the world’s politicians are speaking of a ‘Second Wave’ of the virus, perhaps we should be considering this as allowing a ‘Second Wave’ for our human-focused transition – to begin a new trajectory, a new timeline for a human-planetary future. The past contract that humanity got itself involved in has now come to represent dysfunctional systems, damaging ideals and beliefs, and a ruinous path to a destructive future. If there was ever a time to break with this contract and to agree upon a new manner of collaboration and reciprocal maintenance, then this force majeure offers us a unique opportunity. This term of law also refers to an ‘event described by the legal term act of God.’ Something that hits us ‘out of the blue’ is able to annul an existing, binding contract.
Is this not an ideal opportunity for humanity to free itself from the chains of its bondage to a contract of rife consumerism, widespread corruption in our social systems, endemic fraud, rampant exploitation, and pervasive lies? Is it not time for a new social contract to be negotiated? Yet first, we need to start from a place closer to home.
As long as the majority of people expect all problems to be solved outside of themselves then our societies will continue to be dominated by these unruly forces. The question of liberation from these forces depends upon people willing to assume the responsibility of their own personal power – the power to perceive what needs to be done, and how things should be done. The faculties of personal perception need to be awakened further. Instead of running headlong into the external world with passion and the energy to make great change, perhaps first we should be directing this passionate energy into perceiving our own internal states and the necessity for clarity of vision. Only then will we have an aligned focused intent to manifest the change we wish to see in the world.
We cannot go back to where we have been – the ‘new normal’ is a fallacy. It is a slick marketing trick to lull the mind into the trap of familiarity. There is so much shifting now occurring in the world that, for some people, it is making them feel dizzy. For others, it is creating a feeling of nausea. Not only is it the sudden shift in the rhythm of our lives that has happened, it is the abrupt halt to familiar patterns – of thinking, feeling, and acting. We have been caught off-guard; a species that was slumbering when the tsunami arrived. Now we are gasping for air.
The compelling forces around us are rushing to re-make the old order along revised lines. It is the same old contract but updated without our knowledge and binding us into the contract indefinitely – with no ‘get out’ clause. Next time, the ‘force majeure’ may not be allowed and we’ll find the ‘act of God’ wiped from the small print. The contract now being written-up on our behalf appears to be for the next phase of humanity’s foreseeable technologically managed future. And if you cannot see it coming now, then you soon will – when it’s all around you. The movement we are in – our current slipstream – is irreversible. It is up to us, then, to participate in its forward direction.
The irreversible slipstream is also a perilous current to get swept along in. As well as physical events, this rushing flow is also emotional, psychological, and energetic. It easily pulls a person in so that the observer gets caught up in the action. We are seeing this irreversible momentum now sweeping through many parts of the world, and people from all backgrounds and classes are getting caught in its riptide. These riptides are unpredictable currents that are especially hazardous to inexperienced swimmers. Their increased perilous nature is that they often occur near to the shore where people consider themselves safest. They believe they can always get out easily. Yet it is often not the case. There is a great swell of repressed and angry energy erupting along our near shorelines, and this energy is infectious. Some of this energy may be necessary at this time, as a burning of the fields may help the new seeds to be planted.
The issue here is that such erratic energies also need to be detached from – for attaching to them is likely to serve an already existing predisposed agenda. Be warned, it is such emotional-passionate energies that are more likely to be funneled into fueling the way for an increased solidifying of the status quo – only in a more dominant way. When we identify with an event, we fuel it. When we identify with a surrounding energy, we attract more of the same energy into our sphere. In order to consider creating a new human contract between ourselves and the world, we first need to individually and collectively shift into a different space.
You cannot develop a new way, or paradigm, by occupying the same space as the old. It is like wearing your parent’s clothes to go to your wedding. A new way of doing things requires the allowance of a new energy, which first requires a letting go of the old, incumbent – and now dysfunctional – energy. If we do not take this opportunity that has been given to us, there is the looming possibility that old forces will retain their grip onto the ‘old contract’ and only amend this outdated document with further clauses of centralized control, social management, and a new technological ordering of human society. The new human being is currently in the state of a human becoming.
The great perennial task of humanity has always been the same: to become what we have always been, and to show others the way by our own individual presence and behavior. When we are finally able to heal ourselves from within then, and only then, can we heal others and the world without. The power for change begins and ends with us, the individual – not from the hand of a minority elite. The question of a new human contract is to resist the forces of dehumanization. If we do not awaken to our potentials during the space of this ‘covid consciousness,’ then we are vulnerable to the encroaching forces of dehumanizing social-technological control. The real question of our time is how to retain our humanity in the face of a diverse array of energetic and emotional disturbances. And if we overcome the rushing forces of this slipstream, then a magnificent ocean awaits us for future sailing.
We are now in the moment of our own choosing. We are being asked to consider, with care, what type of a future we wish to move into – both individually and collectively. And most importantly, how to make this future one that embraces the full human being.
About the Author
Kingsley L. Dennis is the author of Bardo Times: hyperreality, high-velocity, simulation, automation, mutation – a hoax?, The Phoenix Generation: A New Era of Connection, Compassion, and Consciousness, and The Sacred Revival: Magic, Mind & Meaning in a Technological Age, available at Amazon. Visit him on the web at http://www.kingsleydennis.com/.
 To Fear or Not to Fear? – https://kingsleydennis.com/to-fear-or-not-to-fear/
 A term of law. Definition: ‘Force majeure is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, epidemic or an event described by the legal term act of God prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract.’
~~~~~ ~ ~~~~~
“Clearly, 2020 has been unlike any previous year in the last century or so. The world is currently battling against an infodemic of propaganda spewing from the corporate media and official health authorities. Yes, people are sick and dying. However, the statistics make it clear that COVID-19 simply does not warrant a total lockdown of the planet and further destruction of the economy.
Regardless, nations around the world are using COVID-19 as an opportunity to grab more surveillance and police state powers, institute mask and vaccine mandates, accelerate the push towards a completely digital world, enact more corporate bailouts, and generally, extreme control and involvement in citizens lives. The sheer magnitude of the COVID-19 operation is unparalleled, with the most recent similar event being the attacks of September 11, 2001. As with the 9/11 attacks, the predator class is using COVID-19 as the excuse to push plans and agendas which predate the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Even so, the COVID-19 operation is unlike any other event to take place in modern history because the results of this event are affecting people in every single nation on the planet and will continue to for years to come. Also, unlike 9/11 – which took place over the course of one morning – the COVID-19 operation is taking place daily for months on end. The effects of this constant bombardment with fear and panic are taking a toll on the hearts and minds of free people all around the world. Quite simply, the people are ready for this to end and they will do almost anything to achieve this goal. It is within this space of fear and uncertainty which the predator class has now begun to insert themselves, ready to present the “solution” to our ills.
The Great Reset
As every student of power and deception knows, the easiest way to achieve victory over your opponent is to guide them to a predetermined destination which benefits your agenda. If you can do this while convincing your opponent that they are consciously making their own choices and the path is for their own good – well, you are all but guaranteed success. I believe the evidence indicates this is the strategy we are seeing unfold during the COVID-19 operation.
The predetermined path we are being led down is known as “The Great Reset” and was announced in early June by the World Economic Forum. Regular readers will remember that on October 18, 2019, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation partnered with the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and the WEF on a high-level pandemic exercise known as Event 201. Event 201 simulated how the world would respond to a coronavirus pandemic which swept around the planet. The simulation imagined 65 million people dying, mass lock downs, quarantines, censorship of alternative viewpoints under the guise of fighting “disinformation,” and even floated the idea of arresting people who question the pandemic narrative.
The launch of The Great Reset was supported by Klaus Schwab, the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum; England’s Prince Charles; Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General of the UN; and Kristalina Georgieva of the International Monetary Fund. The kick-off was truly an international event with the participation of Ma Jun, the chairman of the Green Finance Committee at the China Society for Finance and Banking and a member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the People’s Bank of China. The event was also supported by Bernard Looney, CEO of BP; Ajay Banga, CEO of Mastercard; and Bradford Smith, president of Microsoft.
Read On …..
It’s The Wine Talking
IT’S THE WINE TALKING
The scum rises to the top
The dregs sink to the bottom
I’d point this out more pointedly
But my mum always said
It’s rude to stir (or point)
She also said
There are three things you should never discuss
Politics, sex and religion
Nothing else has ever interested me much
… She’d be appalled
The Emperor’s New Clothes
Posted by Ben Naga
“The vote-shaming engines have predictably kicked into high gear in America as the presidential election approaches, with shitlib pundits like Bill Maher doing their part to paint third-party voters as the most toxic people in the world.
Which is of course ridiculous. I have no strong opinions about how Americans should vote in November, but it’s obvious that in terms of toxicity third-party voters are not on the list of people who are worthy of criticism. The dire situation humanity now finds itself in under the leadership of the US hegemon is not the fault of a small fringe faction which doesn’t want to support oligarch-coddling ecocidal warmongers, it’s the fault of those who help preserve America’s oligarchic ecocidal warmongering status quo.
Contrary to the stock template lines that establishment spinmeisters are regurgitating to bully the left into submission, here are 21 things which are in fact a lot more crazy, selfish, stupid and privileged than voting third party:
1. Supporting a two-headed one-party system in the most powerful government on earth which has plagued our planet with endless war and ecocide and marched humanity to the brink of extinction.
2. Continuing to support a political system which is wholly owned and operated by the wealthy, leaving zero effective influence over US policy in the hands of ordinary Americans and immense influence in the hands of the very rich.
3. Continuing to support a system which consistently deceives the American people into consenting to oppressive neoliberal exploitation at home and bloodthirsty neoconservative warmongering abroad, both of which always hurt the most impoverished and disadvantaged groups worst.
4. Continuing to support a two-headed one-party system where one head always pushes as far to the right as possible when in power and the other head never moves things back leftward even one iota when it is.
5. Continuing to support a political establishment which rehabilitates war criminals like George W Bush, Bill Kristol, David Frum and John Bolton while demonizing anyone who refused to vote for a warmonger.
6. Supporting a political party which has been consistently attacking Donald Trump from the right on foreign policy, pushing him to escalate cold war tensions with Russia further and further and shrieking hysterically if he makes the slightest move toward deescalation anywhere.
7. Supporting a political party which is designed to co-opt all leftward populism and railroad it into support for an establishment which promotes war and oligarchy while depriving Americans of the same social safety nets afforded to everyone in every other major country on earth.
8. Supporting a party which claims to support press freedoms while cheerleading Trump’s extradition of Julian Assange, a move which if successful will cripple press freedoms around the globe and make it impossible to hold the world’s most powerful government to account.
9. Supporting a political party which has spent Trump’s term galvanizing its base around the psychopathic CIA and J Edgar Hoover’s minority-oppressing, left-punching FBI while doing everything it can to stamp out any leftist zeitgeist within its ranks.
10. Continuing to support a mass media structure which works every day to deceive Americans into supporting their own impoverishment while weapons of war are spread across the planet at massive expense.
11. Supporting a political establishment which promises slow, incremental change and actually delivers no change whatsoever while our species slides off the cliff of extinction, taking out the most impoverished and marginalized first.
12. Pretending foreign policy just doesn’t exist, or if it does exist pretending Joe Biden isn’t a lifelong warmonger who has spent his entire campaign attacking Trump for being insufficiently hawkish in most spheres of international conflict.
13. Ignoring the fact that both parties are working in support of world-threatening cold war escalations against both Russia and China, a multifront campaign whose complexity increases the probability of something going cataclysmically wrong even more than the last cold war.
14. Pretending a party that’s done exactly nothing for America’s disempowered communities isn’t directly responsible for the poverty, police brutality, mass incarceration, exploitation and oppression those communities face today.
15. Pretending a return to how things were before Trump’s presidency wouldn’t just be a return to the conditions which created Trump’s presidency.
16. Pretending Obama, who destroyed Libya, devastated Syria, facilitated the rape of Yemen, intervened in Ukraine, maintained and expanded all of Bush’s most depraved policies and did nothing for the people who elected him, was a good president.
17. Continuing to support a political system where everything keeps getting worse no matter which oligarchic puppet Americans elect.
18. Putting your head in the sand and pretending everything will be fine once a Democrat is in charge, again.
19. Supporting a novelty joke party with fake primaries which are always rigged to ensure victory for the safest oligarchic puppet instead of pushing for something resembling actual democracy.
20. Promoting the lie that if you just keep doing something that has never, ever worked, this time it might produce different results.
21. Lulling people back to sleep when the only thing that can help ordinary people is for them to start waking up and using the power of their numbers to force drastic, revolutionary change.
It’s easy to advocate incrementalism when you’re not living hand to mouth. It’s selfish to think that acting on climate change can be rolled out over many decades so as not to upset the corporate donors of your favorite politicians. It’s the height of entitlement to close the door to progressives inside the Democratic Party and then throw a shit fit when they vote for another party. It’s hypocritical to hyperventilate about election-rigging Russians while secretly, and then openly, rigging primaries against progressives.
Supporting the continued existence of a fake two-party system which advances exploitative agendas hurts the most vulnerable populations in America and in the entire world. Acting self-righteous because you actively support that system while spitting on the people who are trying to change it is selfish, is stupid, is hypocritical, and is a mark of extreme privilege.”
– Caitlin Johnstone
Posted in Not A Poem At All, Reposted from elsewhere
Tags: Apocalypse, Hypocrisy, Politics, Social commentary