Wise advice from a farmer’s wife.
Many a chuckle (not to discount wisdom) herein to be found. 🙂
I’ve always had a penchant for rural life. When I stumbled across this post on Facebook, I smiled and thought to share. Good, wise advice any day!
1. Whenever you return a borrowed pie pan, make sure it’s got a warm pie in it.
2. Invite lots of folks to supper. You can always add more water to the soup.
3. There’s no such thing as woman’s work on a farm. There’s just work.
4. Make home a happy place for the children. Everybody returns to their happy place.
5. Always keep a small light on in the kitchen window at night.
6. If your man gets his truck stuck in the field, don’t go in after him. Throw him a rope and pull him out with the tractor.
7. Keep the kerosene lamp away from the milk cow’s leg.
View original post 242 more words