Just Like Buses
There’s an old saying, here in the UK at least: “You wait hours for a bus. Nothing. Then two come along at once.”
Yesterday I posted a response to say thank you and pass on the “A Thought Provoking Blog” Award – (And yes I know it’s my fault about the delay since the nomination. But then, if you folk didn’t keep posting so enthusiastically that my inbox is doing a non-stop Jack-and-the-beanstalk imitation … ) – and here I am again today responding to another award. I hope this doesn’t sound like a grouch. If so, let me apologise. In truth, I am always touched when someone takes the time and trouble to let me know the effort I spend writing is not unappreciated.
This time it is a “Tell Me About Yourself Award“. It was given to the Musey Lady and me by Miss Audrey who, like Alice, can be found in Wonderland. Her site is a particular favourite of mine. It could be one of yours too if you investigated. Who knows? There’s only one way to find out, isn’t there?
The award looks like …
I have to provide seven pieces of previously unrevealed information about myself.
1. I have lived in four different countries at various times in my life.
2. I am left-footed.
3. I almost never wear a watch.
4. I found shaving irksome, and consequently grew a beard.
5. I love under-used words such as irksome.
6. I can kiss my own big toes, though not both at the same time. (Not that I find this a terribly useful ability.)
7. For me, one of the hardest things about this sharing exercise is finding things that I can be certain haven’t emerged in some post or comment somewhere.
I have to offer this award to seven other sites from whose Administrator we may prise seven personal secrets. I choose:
Thanks again, Miss Audrey. 😀